GENERAL SEARCH PROCEDURES
1. DELIVERY METHOD: A search request must be delivered to the filing office "by any of the usual means by which UCC documents may be delivered." i.e. all filings must be received via US mail service or by courier except that a "UCC1" can be filed electronically on-line. (/seek/a9login.html)
2. FORM/ FAX: Use of the National Information Request Form is preferred. Request by fax will only be accepted if a pre-paid drawdown account has been established. Setting up a pre-paid account is easy - contact Linda Safford for this information.
3. FEE: A fee of $20.00 per debtor and $ .50 per page copying fee must be attached with each request. This office will not bill for searches.
4. REPORT: Once the search has been conducted, a printed "report" listing all active/renewed filings will be presented to the person who requested the search, with certification attached.
5. COPIES: All of our UCC documents are scanned and published via the website. To view or get copies of these documents simply go to /seek/ucc_seek.htm , follow the directions, and print them directly to your printer.
Free downloads are available for the tif plugin viewer to view the collateral and the Adobe Acrobat Reader to print the UCC forms.
Please feel free to call our UCC Department if you have any questions or concerns. 802-828-2386.